1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Here’s Why You Hate Your Cable Company

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by azjimbo, Apr 1, 2013.

1. azjimbo

azjimbo Mentor

Jun 4, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just to lighten things up for everyone... A pretty accurate (yet funny) video on how things work in the board room of the Cable/Satellite companies... Warning! as the article says, it contains language not suitable for work!

http://allthingsd.com/20130330/heres-why-you-hate-your-cable-company/

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    That's not only not even funny, it's way far from accurate any more. i've got Comcast, now Xfinity, and have enjoyed top programming and service for over four years now. I seldom need service, but if I do, I usually get same-day or next-day service

Welcome to the 21st century -- it's not your grandpa's cable company anymore!

3. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    Not so fast - in costs and speed, US internet is about 20th in the world, behind countries such as South Korea and Estonia.

4. kayleighx

kayleighx New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    that's a pretty interesting video...hahah but that's probably true for the all the large business tho.. We as consumers just need to have unlimited patience.

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Not necessarily true as I said above. Patience, perhaps, but certainly not unlimited; unlimited = doormat.