1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hero's won't record in HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jhrain, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhrain

jhrain Mentor

Jan 10, 2007
    I've added (two times) Hero's High Def to our To-Do list in our HR20-700.

Each week the recording starts on the non-HD NBC channel. If someone else had not watched me add the show to the To-Do's, and confirm I was selecting the HD channel over the Standard channel I'd think i was going crazy. This is the 2nd week in a row this has happened.

We do not use OTA, purely whatever is delivered via the dish.

As a side note, even on the SD Channel we had audio drop-out near the end of the show during some critical dialogue. We're running 12a software.

JIM

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    What channel call sign shows up in the playlist? Is there any chance the local station is sending the SD feed over the HD channel?

Cheers,
    Tom

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    First I would take the SD version out of your guide, just to be sure there is no mistake.

Second I would check to make sure your NBC affiliate is actually in HD and broadcasting Heroes in HD. They may have an equipment problem. Probably a good place to research that is at AVS and your locals area's thread. Link is in my sig.

4. jasonblair

jasonblair Icon

Sep 5, 2006
    Maybe the box is confused... thinking you want to watch the show "HEROES" on NBC, when you really want to watch some knock off show called "HERO'S."

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    My thoughts too.
    If the [my] station has a problem they "dump" the picture to 4:3 format.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.