1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Def on Fox?

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Paladin369, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Paladin369

Paladin369 Mentor

Aug 19, 2007
    I live in the western Mass area, just watched a great game on Local Fox, but the High Def is terrible compared to the second game on Local CBS, both are transmitted through DirecTV. Is there anything that I can do to get a better picture?

Thank you

2. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    There were widely scattered reports that some affiliates for todays NFC Championship game in High Def were bad. My market wasn't but there were some and other threads confirm this. There basically isn't anything you can do. It's how your local FOX delivers the game.

3. tater71

tater71 Cool Member

Feb 20, 2007
  4. Paladin369

Paladin369 Mentor

Aug 19, 2007
    Thank you for the reply.

Have a great Day

5. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    I recorded the game on the HR20-700 and watched the game after I came home the game. Fox 10 looked good here.

6. Pepster

Pepster Legend

Oct 29, 2008
    I saw no problems with the FOX transmission here in N.Y.C., but on the whole, CBS' picture does look better to me. I see that regardless of whether I'm viewing via DirecTV or OTA.

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    With a "group" over for both NFL games this weekend...

On the same display...

The FOX HD broadcast game was noticably lower in HD quality most of the time compared to the CBD HD broadcast. That is not always the case on regular season weekends.

But for this playoff weekend...on the CBS game...despite being an outdoor game...the contrast & color was better....almost all cameras were HD and in great focus.

On FOX....low contrast, weak colors, and obviously only 1/2 their cameras were HD.

One would think for a nationally-televised major sports event....FOX would have done things right with the HD broadcast...but they clearly didn't (pun intended).

Shame on FOX....Kudos on CBS.

8. Paladin369

Paladin369 Mentor

Aug 19, 2007
    It's sad, but true

9. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Locally, our Fox station (WPMT) actually has been HD PQ than our local CBS station (WHP) provides when closely watching fast motion. Most vary from station to station.

10. D*HR-20

D*HR-20 Legend

Jan 7, 2007
    I love when everyone blames Fox for the problem when many people's Fox HD looks great. Look closer to home for the problem like cheap second rate stations that refuse to spend a penny to improve anything.