1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High definition channels

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by denmarks, Apr 12, 2012.

1. denmarks

denmarks New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    I notice that in the program guide both SD and HD channels are listed next to each other with the same channel number. One just indicates HD in the background. Technically the indicated channel is for SD; the HD channel is a 4 digit channel that I think starts with 8.

I just wondered if you enter a channel directly from the remote what channel appears? Does one have priority over the other?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Isn't some settings in Menu/Preferences would help you ?

3. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    If there is a HD version of the channel and you have access to it, then it will always take priority over the SD version.
    This holds true if you have your guide set to only show HD or set to show SD/HD side by side.

If you dial in the HD channel number directly like 5310 (HGTV HD) then it will go directly to the 5310 slot. If you dial in 112 (HGTV) it will show up as 112 on the info bar but will automatically already be viewing the HD Feed.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    You can change the priority to sd under the Local Channel screen if you want. Or hide the sd channel entirely if you so desire.