1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

High Rise refuses DTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chascan66, Jun 11, 2010.

1. chascan66

chascan66 Cool Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I just got on a waiting list for senior housing in Denver which is a eleven story bldg. Mgmt has told me I can't install a Dish on their property. I have twenty months left on my commitment to DTV. I called DTV twice last night and they told me that an installer has to come out to verify my situation. That makes sense. One CSR told me I would still have to pay the balance of my commitment @ $20 a month and the other CSR switched me over to another number and was put on hold for fourteen minutes before I hung up. I will say this was the same day when DTV had the DVR problems. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this situation.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    They won't make you pay if your new location doesn't allow DirecTV installation.

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    As you are on a waiting list, you may have an option. If you get a place that faces south of Denver and you have exclusive use of it, such as a terrace, you can mount the dish there. The key is exclusive use. FCC OTARD rules cover that.

4. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    If you have the ability to install a dish - patio, balcony, porch - in an area under your exclusive control as the previous poster has said Directv will not waive your commitment - no matter your landlord's take on this.

Now it's a different story if you can only mount the dish on a roof or the building - those areas are not exclusive to you. Your landlord has the right to deny install in those areas and would not be in violation of OTARD rules. In that case Directv will (or they should) waive the commitment.:)

5. chascan66

chascan66 Cool Member

Nov 21, 2009
    So I guess its hello Comcast. Thanks guys.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    OTARD rules won't help you at all?

- Merg

7. chascan66

chascan66 Cool Member

Nov 21, 2009
    No Terrace or Balcony.