1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIMYM renewed for 2 more seasons.

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Mar 10, 2011.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    'How I Met Your Mother' has always enjoyed paying homage to 'Lost.'

Since the comedy began in 2006, it has, like the ABC island drama, used season-long arcs and structurally ambitious episodes to tell its story, and this season creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays even cast 'Lost' alumni Jorge Garcia in a prominent guest role.

So when the news broke this week that 'HIMYM' had been renewed for not one but two additional seasons, I had to ask: Are the producers going to pull a 'Lost' and set an end date for the show now?

In the interview below, executive producer Bays talked about whether he and Thomas have set an end date, he addressed whether they'll stay with the show beyond the current sixth season, and he talked about whether the show's cast has been locked in for the seventh and eighth seasons as well

2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Wait, what?

They still haven't explained how he met there mother after all these years?:nono:

I had a feeling it would drag on, and that's why I stopped watching in season 3

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Nope, haven't explained it, but no big deal.

It's not really even the point of the show any more (and hasn't been for along time). They could change the name to something else and it would still be a really good comedy.

Glad to see it's renewed for two more years.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    If they say who it is, then the show would lose its unpredictability.

5. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I love HIMYM and really do not care who the mother is. All we really know is she is sporting that yellow umbrella. The show IMO is awesome. The dopplegangers, slapsgiving, even the death of marshals dad was good TV. I have laughed so hard while watching this show. And at the jokes made about it. For example family guy took a shot at HIMYM's narrator Bob Saget. Peter said something to the effect " He is a grown man are we to believe that when he gets old he will sound like bob sagget?"

The show even makes fun of it when they have a scene set in the future Ted has grey hair but he does not sound like bob saget.

6. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    Glad its been renewed :up:

7. Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi Legend

May 27, 2003
    Yay! I enjoy the show, and LOVE Cobie Smulders!