1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

History International - HINT Now H2

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The channel description seems to be the same.

Anyone know the reason for the change?

2. jcc

jcc Mentor

Mar 29, 2010
    Well, seeing how they have little in international history on there it makes sense. The good news is they have no plans to add reality shows and they got rid of the infomercial block from 5 AM-7 AM Eastern time so they are 24 hours now

Here for info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_2

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Boredom in the boardroom?

4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    :dance:

anytime a channel gets rid of infomercials, it's time to celebrate!

5. jcc

jcc Mentor

Mar 29, 2010
    Of course

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/473189-EXCLUSIVE_New_Network_Name_Becomes_History.php

7. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Any bets as to when it will start doing A LOT of reality shows..... 1.5 years for me, but porbably more like 1 year.

Now it would be nice if D* could get "H2" in HD :D

8. jcc

jcc Mentor

Mar 29, 2010
    I hope not. It says they have no plans to add reality shows but whose to say that will change if ratings fall, as a result of most other channels adding reality shows (MTV, TLC, History, etc) but I really hope not. When they changed their name to H2 I finally deleted History from my favorites list but kept H2 of course.

9. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Regardless of how grand a cable programmer's original intent, eventually it will succumb to ratings and begin catering to the great unwashed, shoveling the putrid dung of faux, (so-called) reality programs. The indiscriminate masses may well deserve what they get, but I, for one, will not participate in lowering the average IQ of most of an entire nation!

10. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    While I agree with you Nick, History does do have a few good "reality" shows: American Pickers is interesting and so is American Restoration. The others are just kinda fluff history. Like Pawn Stars, I know it's a VERY popular show but now they have those stupid energy drink commercials. And Swamp Poeple, enough said. jcc has a good point.

11. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I want real tv not reality tv.

12. jcc

jcc Mentor

Mar 29, 2010
    Yes, unfortunately as explained here http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NetworkDecay. Mind as well enjoy it why I can

13. ericcooper1956@att.net

ericcooper1956@att.net AllStar

Jul 18, 2011
    gee, remember the olden days when a channel aired the programming that its name implied?

14. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Yeah, today we are like living in a sort of Alice in Wonderland world. Where whatever you read or hear, is the opposite of what it is.

15. jcc

jcc Mentor

Mar 29, 2010
    Unfortunately, they brought the infomercials back so that was temporary