1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hit Me Baby.... Episode 2

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by JBKing, Jun 10, 2005.

1. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I thought The Knack were pretty good with My Sharona, but also surprisingly so with Jet's Are You Gonna Be My Girl. I'm disappointed they didn't win.

The Motels lead singer sounds almost as good as she ever did, but I never really cared for them as a group. I'll give them extra credit for her voice, however.

Tommy Tutone's voice has gone from mediocre to horrible! But Jenny is still a catchy tune!

Vanilla Ice? Get serious.... I can't believe he won...... :confused: Must be the style of music, seems to be all people want to hear these days. I've never forgiven him from sampling a Queen song, however. Isn't he the self-proclaimed 'survivor of the streets' who grew up in some nice middle-class home in suburbia?

I didn't know who the other guy was.

An embarrassingly addictive show..... Too bad next week's lineup doesn't hold much interest for me.

2. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    The Knack had my vote as well. Although, admittedly, I missed the first half since I was watching "The Cut". ( :lol: ) I thought they had a good sound. :grin:

I'm not sure I cared for her version of "Don't Know Why". My all-time favorite version of this song, probably most of you have never heard -- Norah Jones on "Sesame Street" with "Don't Know Why 'Y' Didn't Come". But I like a lot of those "Sesame Street" remakes. :)

Still can't believe that about Vanilla Ice. :nono2: To watch him talk, he almost looks halfway normal, except for all the tattoos. But I thought his "rendition" (if you could call it that) of Survivor sucked! Pure noise. :nono2: (Last summer, thanks to my ex-brother-in-law, my sons came back from TX knowing every word to "Ice Ice Baby". And also Beastie Boys' "Paul Revere". UGH! :rolleyes: )

3. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    I enjoyed last night show, although I thought the woman from the Motels looked like Mrs Howell from Gilligans Island with a black wig on. :)

I actually enjoyed Vanilla Ice in both of his performances. If anyone could have a career again it could be VI.

Has anyone notices when the bands are doing their old songs the instruments seem to be pre recorded. When I was watching the nack I noticed a few times what the drummer was smashing wasnt what you heard on TV.

I also noticed at wierd times they would mix in noise of the crowd sreaming and yelling, my thought there was what are they covering up because the crowd did not appear to be any more into it then they were before (And it seems like they program the audience to go wild for everyone)

Kind of strange I know, just something my wife and I picked up on last night.

4. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    i ALMOST got to the credits on this before i hit the erase button on 721...gad, what a freak show...

5. toomuchtv

toomuchtv Godfather

May 17, 2002
    The Knack had my vote as well. However, when they do the new song covers, they all sound pretty lame to me. All in all, it seemed to be a better bunch than the first episode.

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    I one time picked "My Sharona" to sing on a Kayoke machine at my brother's house. It didn't take too long before I became very uncomfortable with the lyrics. I don't look at that song the same anymore.

7. Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    We made it through their original songs but wife erased after that. My vote would go to the Motels.

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I agree with Laverne. :D

9. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    This is to remind me to watch the repeat tonight on Bravo at 11PM EDT :)

10. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    The original songs from all the performers was pretty good. I liked Tommy Tutone the best. The Motels was very boring and I was the least familar with that song.

The cover songs of current songs was awful though...

11. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Just when you thought this show had to get better.:eek2: Yikes what trainwreck! Sophie B Hawkins was so awful you couldn't even hardly tell what songs she was singing and that was true for half of her own song even! Cameo another absolute disaster. Wang Chung, well they did their own song ok anyway. Irene Cara, well she wasn't too bad and seemed great by comparison! Oh and then there was Howard Jones who just simply sat down at the piano for both his song and the cover of the Dido song White Flag and did both very well, he was the only one who actually seemed like he was any kind of real professional musician last night. I can understand why he didn't win, though, even though his performances were musically very good, I can imagine it might of been a little boring for the live audience as he wasn't at the front of the stage jumping around and shouting at the crowd. Watching this show is kind of like watching auto racing for the wrecks! And after last nights show those who enjoy demolition derby's must've been in heaven.

12. jerbroni

jerbroni AllStar

Feb 25, 2004
    Howard Jones should have won. He is quite possibly the most underrated pop star of the 80's.

13. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    What tsmarco said. I thought the show sucked bigtime. :nono2:

14. socceteer

socceteer Icon

Apr 22, 2005
    I Think the show is excellent, most of the performers still got it and it is great to hear old songs. The crowd is into it, I sit on my couch singing and dancing. The second part when they sing 90s songs is a little rough. Some like Vanilla Ice did a great job.

15. Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Although, seeing the guy from Cameo out in a codpiece... WOW!!! ... or excuse me... BARF!!!

16. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I missed this one. :( or is that :)

17. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Wasn't anything to see. I could tolerate Wang Chung back then, but never was a favorite of mine. Never liked (or heard) of the others on episode 3. Who was the guy in the Devo hat? I always thought they were white? ;)

WC did a Nelly song for their second performance. :eek: Watched the whole episode in about 5 minutes. This one was disappointing.

18. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Didn't know any of those artists so I didn't watch