1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hockey Night in Canada October 24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Peter305, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Are things actually looking up for those of us who want to see the whole HNIC package on NHLCI and the NHL Network?

If the listings are to be believed, channel 772 is showing Ottawa Boston at 7 followed by Flames Oilers at 10 PM. Dare we hope that the DirecTV won't cut the feed between games?

2. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    I think in previous years they in fact did. Could be wrong

3. blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone Godfather

Nov 29, 2007
    and before anybody complains about not getting the hd feed

cbc is NOT doing the ottawa/boston game in hd, and the rangers/montreal game is is sd widescreen. Rds is doing the habs game in hd.

4. psunate77

psunate77 Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Why wouldn't 772 show both games? Thats a CI station? The Boston-Ottawa feed maybe NESN feed. I think people are complaining that NHLN isn't showing two games like they did last year.

5. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    My original question was, assuming that 772 has both HNIC feeds tomorrow night, which seems logical, will they show the programming between the first and second games that is no longer on the NHL Network? My hope is that they will but we shall see....

6. blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone Godfather

Nov 29, 2007
    cbc is showing 3 early games. changes are pretty good that one of them goes ot and shootout and there wont be much between game stuff, but who knows.

7. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Even if there is OT and shootouts there will be at least 15 minutes of programming before puck drop in the second game.

Seems the NHL's tiny perfect commissioner told a radio audience "he would look into having the NHL Network stick with HNIC until 10:00 on weeks that they are not carrying both games."

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2...your-nhl-net-schedule-next-week/#comment-4009

I'm not holding my breath for this to happen. I remain stunned that Bettman thinks it's better to put a package of highlights in SD on the NHL Network on a Saturday night rather than showing two games.

8. blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone Godfather

Nov 29, 2007
    because people have short attention spans and would rather watch highlights. granted, the nhl sucks at delivering them (take a page from mlb network, hell, steal their format)

diehards who want to watch games can watch on centre ice, since that is what it is there for.

If you want hd on the second game, take that beef up with directtv.

9. dre2112

dre2112 Mentor

Oct 12, 2009
    To be fair, HNIC After Hours show should be renamed "post game talk from the Oilers, Flames and Canucks." It goes so long into the night and early following morning (depending on time zone), you can't catch On The Fly, and NHLN stops airing On The Fly replays sometime before 7am on the westcoast.

I'd rather watch On The Fly than sit through 3hours of boring post game talk and interviews from the 3 Western Canadian teams.

That said, NHLN/OTF has a long way to go. I find it hilarious that they showed the highlights in SD and then show a replay of one of the same games in HD right after OTF.

What's it going to take to get OTF in HD? How is ESPN able to get their replays in HD but not the NHL Network? I appreciate the changes like the new OTF studio, the new less annoying logo, but watch MLB Network and it's lightyears ahead. ****, I think it's better structured and designed than ESPN and TSN!

10. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006

11. paakoridge

paakoridge Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    I tend to agree that protracted post-game discussion soon becomes tedious, yet NHL on-the-fly gets repetitive. I would much rather see 2 games on Saturday night.
    That said, I just looked at the guide and there is nothing showing for tonight.
    Yesterday it was Leafs-Canucks, which would be barely entertaining, and the NHL apparently passed on a marquee matchup of Rangers-Canadiens. Perhaps the guide will be updated with a game later in the day.:confused:

12. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    The NESN feed is on 771/771-1, 772 will be the CBC feed. Lets hope they keep the feed turned on the whole time into the other game starting at 10ET.

13. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    The guide went blank this morning but the NHL Network's online schedule states that Leafs-Canucks is the game that is being shown on the NHL Network....

http://www.nhlnetwork.com/en_US/tvListings

14. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Indeed. We can always hope....

15. loowaters

loowaters AllStar

Jun 4, 2007
    What's going on with NHLN? I'm not seeing any HNIC game for tonight and right now it's telling me that Sharks at Flyers is blacked out. The guide is telling me that at 4p CT "Upcoming: NHL on the Fly" until 8:30 when "NHL on the Fly" shows up. What has happened? That Sharks at Flyers game is TOMORROW!

16. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    The games aren't on NHLN tonight, they are on NHLCI.

17. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Just in the last hour or two 772 is no longer showing a 7 PM game so there is only one Ottawa Boston feed which will be the NESN feed.

Thanks again DirecTV for messing up HNIC....

18. loowaters

loowaters AllStar

Jun 4, 2007
    At least now I'm getting "Off the Ice" and not a blackout but the guide still shows that Sharks at Flyers game...which, again, is tomorrow. Maybe it's just the guide that's off because next week's (10/31)looks like it has each Saturday this season.

19. iluvtv

iluvtv Legend

Sep 29, 2005
    toronto at vancouver is on NHLN tonite and after the oilers flames game on CI i'm seeing "postgame" which should be "afterhours".

20. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Don't hold your breath on getting After Hours, but we shall see. It's maddening that the CBC broadcast of Ottawa Boston has been dropped.