1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hooked up speakers to Denon AVR2310CI, no audio

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by theromit, Dec 5, 2013.

1. theromit

theromit New Member

Aug 12, 2013
    I have a Denon AVR2310CI that I connected with my Harman kardon speakers (I *think* those are TKS7, but not sure). I have connected the front L and R, center, sub woofer, surround L and R, and back surround L and R speakers but I get no audio at all.

I tried the Audyssey setup but after going through Front L and center, it aborts and disconnects/suspends the receiver.

I am a n00b, so other than ensuring that there are no wire edges touching the panel at the back, and also ensuring that positive/negative ends are connected properly, I don't know what else I can try to resolve this problem.

Any help?

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Did you get the loud noise from the front and center and then it stopped?

3. theromit

theromit New Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Yes, the test beeps/sounds were heard from front and center before it turned off.

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    What do you have connected other than the speakers? Also did the power turn completely off?

5. theromit

theromit New Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Turned out, the wires at the center and front right speakers were touching each other! Once I clipped that end on both of those speakers, all went well.

Separate issue: my subwoofer was not detected by Audyssey setup despite it being on.

6. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    When I run Audyssey on my setup (ONKYO) the 1st step is setting the sub to 75db and it will not go anywhere until that is done. Did you have to do that as well?

7. theromit

theromit New Member

Aug 12, 2013
    I have it at "twelve o'clock" position as suggested.