1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hooper/ Joey

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by epeets, Jan 2, 2013.

1. epeets

epeets New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Question:

How do I get my Hooper & Joey to say on (view a channel 24/7)? I selected Disable option in the Inactivity Activity page under Update Selection, but the Hooper & Joey still goes into inactive mode.

Thanks

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    The Hopper performs a nightly update at 1 am. If the receiver is on, a message pops up asking if you want to allow the update or continue watching the program. If no response is given, it will perform the update. After the update is completed, the receiver reboots. This update cannot be disabled. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

3. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Set an auto-tune timer for about 1:15 am or so. That'll kick the receiver back on after the nightly update. Maybe 1:30 am, just to be safe.

4. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    The auto-tune timer will work most of the time, but bottom line, it is not possible to have true 24/7 operation with a Dish system, due to the required nightly restart that cannot be turned off.

When a DirecTV DVR or receiver does a reboot for whatever reason, after the bootup is done, it does not go into standby, but rather goes back to the channel that was playing before the reboot. Apparently Dish is unwilling or unable to figure out how to accomplish this feat. You'd think they could at least make it an option setting, but no.

Keith

5. epeets

epeets New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Thanks for reply

Where do I find the auto-tuner timer option? I could not find that option.

Thanks

6. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    Select a show from the guide at the time you want, select 'record series timer', and on the next screen you can change the type from 'DVR' to 'Auto Tune'

7. epeets

epeets New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Last night my receiver requested the automatic shut down message at 1:15am and not 1:00 am is this normal or the time fluctuates?

8. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Dish's info states 1 am, the updates (as they are on other Dish receivers) are never done at an exact time.