1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hope I didnt mess up! 722 TO 922??

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by rtd2, Aug 23, 2012.

1. rtd2

rtd2 Legend

Oct 2, 2006
    Just agreed to recommit to dish for 2 more years which I have no problem with as I've been a dish customer for 14 years ! my concern is I choose to upgrade my 722dvr which hasnt had a single issue to the 922dvr. I know the 922 isnt the newest receiver like the hopper but its NEWER than the 722 and from the922 reviews I saw a while back the Menu and Guide features , larger HD are worth chancing it. plus the 922 upgrade/install was FREE vs 150 for Hopper/Joy...

I think that was a fair offer for the Hopper /joy too but I have 3 other 211's with external HDs that im pleased with along with the 722 so 922 it is! I have a 1000.4 on the roof and a DPP44 switch. I know the DVR goes up to 10$ with 922 but thats fine Im Very Pleased with Dish I just hope there is NOT any issues with my existing equipment that would prevent this from being a simple receiver swap... thanks

2. JeffN9

JeffN9 Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    I have a 922 with 2 EHD's and a 211 with 1 EHD. The 211 has been working flawlessly but the 922, not so much. As others have reported the 922 has been very buggy as of late. Mine comes on with just a black screen about every other day. I have to do a front button re-set or start watching a dvr recording to get it to work. The 922 also does not see one or both EHD's on a regular basis. This problem has been going on since day one with two different receivers.

The 922 is a great receiver when it works. I hope yours works ok but watch out.

3. rtd2

rtd2 Legend

Oct 2, 2006
    Jeff many thanks for the review and well wishes..I hope your experience improves as well and dish continues to work to get this dvr 100% stable...
    Thanks