1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopeless install?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by demisod, Feb 6, 2013.

1. demisod

demisod AllStar

Aug 5, 2005
    I am moving into a new new house this weekend. Directv is scheduled to do an install/move on Friday. I found out today the cable company lost my service request somewhere, and they say they can't install internet until next Friday. I am planning on using VOIP for phone service. So I'll be off the grid for a week. Will Directv do an install without internet or a phone? It'd be nice not to lose television for a week.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You should be okay. If you want to set up your local area network (even without internet being available) the installer can complete that portion of the installation also (connecting to the LAN).

3. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    There is nothing I hate more than doing a Movers before you move in.

Have your interior decorater on site. That, I think she wants it over there, just dosen't cut it.

How am I supposed to know how long to make the cables if your furniture isn't in place.

Please bring more than one TV.

No internet no CCK. If you have a WCCK it should be plug and play.

If I give you my phone number please call me, before calling Directv.

4. demisod

demisod AllStar

Aug 5, 2005
    Hopefully it won't be bad for the tech. The house has structured wiring. Four RG6 cables are in the attic waiting to be used if needed. It runs down to a wiring closet with cabling to the rooms with tvs. The wall jacks were placed with the tvs in mind. So hopefully, it will go smoothly. My biggest concern is a couple of tall pine trees in the general direction of the dish.