1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper/1 Joey compatibility with Comcast internet

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by computerdoc, Feb 18, 2013.

1. computerdoc

computerdoc Cool Member

Apr 29, 2006
    I was a happy Dish customer for many years until the AMC debacle, and my brother-in-law worked for Comcast and got me a good deal. I'm still in that first year of obligation, but plan to return to Dish in July. Previously I had a 622 receiver in my basement on my main TV, with an output to existing internal cabling to a second TV on the upper floor. I also had a Comcast internet line running in to the top floor of our town house, and ran both Powerline and wireless internet from that. My question is if that same setup will work with the Hopper/1 Joey setup? I like Comcast speed but can't stand anything else about them (and my b-i-l no longer works for them...ha). Also, I had two external hard drives full of movies that I had recorded. Will they be accessible on the Hopper/1 Joey system I have described?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim:)

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    The line for the Hopper need to be direct from the node and cannot be combined with any other source (cable, internet, OTA, ect.) but I believe the line for the Joey may be used (I am not totally sure on this, I'm sure others will chime in). Any recordings on an EHD used with a 622, 612, 722(k) and 922 will work so you should have no problem there.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  4. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    The Moca line to the Joeys runs 650-875Mhz. Comcast internet downstream also falls into this band in some areas. Could cause issues.

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Unless you maintained the account no. The key for those drives belong to the old account.

6. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    As long as he restarts the old account and doesn't get a new account, shouldn't be an issue. And restarting the old account is what should happen (should being the operative term here).

7. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Right. Should. :D We use that word a lot at work...

"That should have worked..."