1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper 3 Record Light

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by fmcomputer, Jan 17, 2017 at 5:11 PM.

1. fmcomputer

fmcomputer Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Youngstown....
    Just had Hopper 3 installed - No record light - Bummer

2. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    With 16 tuners, you are unlikely to worry about any tuner watching availability. If you want to verify if a recording is in progress, press DVR and you'll see a red button on all the icons being recorded. It is what it is, and was discussed ad nauseum when the Hopper3 came out.

HaterSlayer likes this.
  3. JS_racer

JS_racer Cool Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Or options TV activity will show if things are recording also.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah, the light was helpful when you had 1 or 2 tuners... but when you have 16 tuners... either you're not going to have any conflicts OR you're really going to need to look at the TV Viewing screen to see what is going on as that light really wouldn't tell you much.

5. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    AW...Dish shoudda put 16 little red LEDs along the front, Christmas in July!

6. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    The record light tells one important thing (and its the thing that is needed) "is something recording yes or no". That is what is important, doesn't matter if you have one tuner or 1000 tuners.

7. bmetelsky

bmetelsky Cool Member

Feb 28, 2009
    You may need that, I don't. I'm sure that some would agree with you, and some would never miss it.

8. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    FWIW, I never pay attention to the record LED on my HR44. If DIRECTV would disable the LED I would never notice. I know this is a DISH forums but I am just trying to add to the discussion at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I've seen the red light on my 922 come on when it wasn't recording... and go off when it was still recording... so I learned to ignore it and check the status of the tuners.