1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper 866 EHD Error? Any hope for a fix?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by cptnjim, Apr 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cptnjim

cptnjim New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Does anyone know if there is any hope in fixing the 866 Error that is preventing me from accessing the content on my EHD that I transferred from my 622 receiver and now can't access on my Hopper w/sling due to the 866 error that comes up and offers to format my External Hard Drive. I have had this problem since my upgrade over 6 months ago and it seems like this problem has existed with other customers for years. So far dish network has done nothing to help. Is there any hope for a fix in the future?

Jim

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  3. cptnjim

cptnjim New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I have send a message to the people on that list and hopefully one of them will be able to help. :righton:

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    if you're little familiar with Linux (just boot it from CD w/out install to HDD), connect clean EHD what is accepting by H2 and your 622's EHD and do copy of a folder(s) - (search here for "DishArc" keyword)

5. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Did you connect your EHD to your Hopper prior to it pushing live TV and being activated?

6. cptnjim

cptnjim New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    I'm thinking the EHD was not connected to the Hopper prior to it being activated. I had the local installers who handled the upgrade connect the new receiver and I have a feeling they didn't plug in the EHD and I had to do so after they activated my new receiver. If that is where the problem came from, do you think it might work to have Dish Temporarily deactivate my receiver, wait 15 or 20 minutes, then reactivate it again with the EHD Attached? Would that do anything?

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    it would be easy to ask them send a "hit", eg re-activated EHD feature

8. cptnjim

cptnjim New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    They already have sent multiple re-hits over the past 6 months without any change.

9. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    do you need to preserve recording on the EHD ? make a copy using Linux

10. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...