1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper and Hitachi 61UWX10B, only Component Video - Will It downgrade to 480P

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by justjayce, Jun 30, 2012.

1. justjayce

justjayce New Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I am interested in getting the Hopper, but I am concerned since my Hitachi 61UWX10B only has component video input (no DVI either). Does the Hopper support component with HD quality (The Hitachi can handle up to 1080i)? Or does the Hopper downgrade the signal via component to 480P?

Thank you very much :)

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Should be OK. So far h2k's component output is still support 1080i.
    If (when) the time will come, you could buy HDMI-component converter. Or get new TV :).

3. strikes2k

strikes2k AllStar

Dec 9, 2008
    My Mitsubishi 55" big screen only has component as well, at 1080i. The Hopper works great with it.

4. justjayce

justjayce New Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Thanks - that makes me feel much better making this purchase. I appreciate your help!

5. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    Only the Hopper has component outputs - the Joey's do not.

6. justjayce

justjayce New Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Thanks gtal98. The hopper would be on the Hitachi. I am going to get a Joey for the bedroom flatscreen which has HDMI.