1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper Auto Tune

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Wildman63, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Wildman63

Wildman63 Mentor

Dec 23, 2006
    Just had a Hopper/Single Joey installed this morning. Haven't been able to figure out how to establish an auto tune from the EPG. Only options available are for recording. My old VIP 621 offered the option to automatically tune a program, Hopper doesn't seem to let me do that.

Apologize if it has been already discussed... I couldn't find it here, on line or in the manual.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    I don't recall the feature ... Are you sure it exist for h/j ?

3. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    When you select a future event from the guide, select "record series timer". From here, you can change the recording option from "DVR" to "Auto Tune" :D

4. Wildman63

Wildman63 Mentor

Dec 23, 2006
    Thanks... I knew there had to be a way to do it.

So far, this is a pretty amazing system. I went for the Sling Adapter and even that works here at home...

5. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    It's a bit different to setup auto tune, but I'm glad I was able to help!

Sling should work outside of your home as well so long as you have the proper speeds :D

6. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah -- When I first got Hopper it was confusing figuring out where auto tune is. Gad they retained this very useful feature!