1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper BUG

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by bigdog9586, May 19, 2012.

1. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    watching a show or DVR saved program and accidently hit the number one button on the remote. It goes to a screen to rent a movie ($6.99) and there is NO easy way of getting out of it. Pushing cancel or live TV buttons do nothing. I have to push the guide button, go to another channel and enter that one in order to exit the rent screen. Most times I'm watching a saved program and that means another 3 or 4 more pushes to get back to what I was watching. This is unacceptable. Why don't the cancel button exit me out of this?

2. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Cancel won't change the channel.
    Push the recall button and go back to a previous channel.
    You can also set the recall button to go back to the previous channel in a traditional manner, rather than displaying the last four.

3. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    cancel doesn't exit out of that because when you hit 1 you actually went to channel 1 which is the on demand channel. Just like hitting cancel on a regular channel doesn't take you anywhere either. For example, had you hit 6 instead of 1 accidentally, it would have taken you to channel 6 and hitting cancel there wouldn't have gotten you back to your DVR event either.

4. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    Makes since. I guess the recall must have been the only button I didn't hit. Thanks guys.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I suggest you go into the locks screen and lock out channel 1. You can still get the VOD content on channel 501 but it is a lot easier to error, press 1 and then have to do a dance to get off the channel.

6. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Isn't it the same with all DVR receivers, not just the Hopper - so not a "Hopper bug".

7. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    Yes it is. My biggest annoying mistake is accidently hitting the 1 key when viewing anything on my 722 or 622.

8. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Can't believe I never thought about locking out channel 1... I always just set up favorites lists... Oh well... 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other... Although locking out channel 1 will prevent it from showing up at all when "1" is accidentally pressed, whereas favorites list will not...

9. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    I get this same thing on any Dish equipment, but I like Jame's easy fix (lockout channel 1.)

10. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Yeah, not really a DISH bug but more like an IBRAC bug... ;)