1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper guide suggestion

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by saberfly, Jan 16, 2014.

1. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Dish network could you put the original air date of a program on the guide screen when a show is highlighted instead of having to push info on every show? If its new its not an issue naturally but otherwise that would be nice!

1 person likes this.
  2. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Although I hated the EPG on my 722 and the lack of accurate information, one of the main reasons for moving the the HwS, I never remember "wanting" when I selected a program and got what we did in the header as program info when doing so. Now in my HwS I spend more time investigating programs than watching them. There could be way more and better formatted information in the EPG header. Dates would be a big help and a good start. They just need to dump the "trying to look cute" and make it useful and "cute".

And a side note: I saw a DISH commercial that was (c) 2012 and the Hopper EPG was black with white text. So much better. I was hoping that it was a sign of things to come, but no such luck. So far . . .

3. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Same with the time it aired. That I am finding one really needs to dig for. Especially if there is the same show at different times. Like news programs.

4. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Its slow now too when you push info. Takes forever to switch screens.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    year and years of proposing our suggestions here fall into these deaf 'ears' ... no hope at all :(