1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper Internet Connector

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by StringFellow, Jul 4, 2012.

1. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    Based on several forum posts it appears that multi-room viewing is unstable if 2 Hoppers have ethernet connections. It appears that using Ethernet to one Hopper and a HIC is the idea solution.

In addition I don't have access to BB@Home on my Joey if I remove Ethernet from the Hopper hosting the Joey.

Is a Hopper Internet Connector required?

Setup: 2 Hoppers (both w/ Ethernet) /1 Joey (Coax only)

2. eddwall

eddwall Cool Member

Feb 8, 2012
    With upgrade software 213 to Hoppers & 265 to Joeys .... You now need only one Hopper connected to the Internet...all hoppers & joeys will see and use the one connection.

3. gregleg

gregleg AllStar

Jan 4, 2004
    No need for the HIC at all if you have Ethernet to any Hopper. Just make sure you have only one connected and you should be good. (That said I use the HIC for my 2H/2J system with very good stability)

4. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    This works for me with a caveat. The Hopper with no internet connection and the 2 Joeys linked show as not Home Connected (red symbols) and as having no internet connection if using On Demand. However MRV and downloads from BB@Home work perfectly on all boxes.

5. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

I would have the installer install the HIC,better to get it with your original installation than to need it later when you will have to pay for it.

Always get everything you need with the original installation otherwise the cost to get one you will have to pay for it.

6. ransz28

ransz28 New Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I have 2H/1J and only use the HIC. Everything works on all of them.