1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper/Joey and DLNA music

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by PhilBiker, Sep 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. PhilBiker

PhilBiker New Member

Mar 19, 2006
    I just had a Hopper/Joey system installed and so far I love it. I'm trying to set up DLNA so that I can stream my music files on my Hopper/Joeys. I set up DLNA in Windows 8 and it streams just fine to my Android phone, an old Windows 7 laptop, and a Sony BDP-590 Blu-Ray player. I can see the server on the Hopper/Joey, however, when I select "albums" or "artists" I get a blank screen with "No Events To Display". On the Android, Blu-Ray Player, and laptop I get a list of albums/artists/whatever. All the music is in MP3 format. Any clues as to what's going on here? I also have an iPad and the DLNA app I installed there doesn't see anything either. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
  3. PhilBiker

PhilBiker New Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Yeah, it started working and it's cool.

However, the workflow in that link is the opposite of what I'm doing. I'm not playing songs from my Windows Media Player on the Hopper/Joey; I want to be able to select the songs and play them back from the DLNA server on the Hopper/Joey using the Hopper/Joey as the player. This works great, with one major caveat. When I select an "album" on the Hopper/Joey it plays the songs back in alphabetical order, not track order. I reported this to Dish as a bug. Reminds me of the early 2000s and the first generations of MP3 players that played the songs in alpha order. Completely nonsensical.

4. JeffN9

JeffN9 Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    You may also want to consider the free My Media software from Playon. I had all kinds of problems trying to get Windows Media to work. Finally I gave up and tried the new one, works great.