1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper/Joey Remote help needed.

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Ozwaldo, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Ozwaldo

Ozwaldo Cool Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Thanks in advance for any help. I am currently with DTV and I am contemplating going to Dish and need some answers. I will get 1 Hopper & 1 Joey. Can I set the UHF remote that comes with the Joey to control the Hopper. I need 2 UHF remotes on the Hopper. Can I then change the Joey to IR and use my Harmony 300 for the Joey. I was hoping that I could do this with the 2 supplied UHF remotes and not have to buy another one. I am just not sure if the Joey remote can be made to control the Hopper instead of the Joey. Also can the Node be installed outdoors ?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    2G Zigbee [RF] remotes pairing to that device what you wish - h2k or J

IR remote for Js ? Have I seen IR sensor in it ? Check its picture at AVS forum... [​IMG]
    Yeah, it is here, right between LED1 and LED2 - so you can use IR remote for h2k or J.

3. Ozwaldo

Ozwaldo Cool Member

Dec 19, 2007
    It works. I had my install yesterday. I paired the Joey remote and Hopper remote to the Hopper and I am using my Harmony IR remote with the Joey.