1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper / Joey Setup Question

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by DishTim, Mar 19, 2012.

1. DishTim

DishTim Mentor

Feb 6, 2006
    I presently have one 722K receiver downstairs. TV 1 is connected to 2 HD TV's.

TV 2 feeds 3 standard def TV's.

What type of Hopper Joey setup would I need? How much more per month would it cost? Is it worth it?
    Thanks

2. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Assuming you connect your existing tv's in a similar fashion, 2 outputs to 5 tv's, including any upfront upgrade costs, your bill will increase by $11 a month. 1 Hopper feeding 2 HD tv's. 1 Joey mirrored to 3 SD tv's via a modulator using the composite output of the Joey. If you feel the additional features a H/J setup are worth $11 mo., then I say go for it.