1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper/Joey shut off at 1am

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Link, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    My bedroom Joey wants to shut off at 1am every night for system updates. If I am awake, I can choose the No option for it not to do this. However, if I don't catch it or am asleep, it shuts off restarts and then the TV displays press select to watch TV with no channel on. How do I stop this or change the time? I have shut off inactivity mode in the settings but it still does this every night and I don't like it. I like the TV to remain on all night for sound and because of this there is none. The old dish receiver never had this issue because I could change the time (which was 3am I think) to a later time when I wasn't watching TV.

2. Blueflash

Blueflash New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    • Has been hashed over and over. And you can ask the same question in multiple posts :) simple answer
    • Dish doesn't care.....
    • See this topic on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DISH/posts/10151455180275851
    • Search google fro more customer complaints on this subject

3. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I haven't used a Joey, but did they really make the mandatory nightly reboot happen at (an arbitrarily chosen) 1 AM with no way to change the time? Does Dilbert work there?

It would have been much better if they had picked, say, 4 AM instead. Would have offended a lot fewer customers.

4. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    I guess I'll have to hook up an antenna to the TV and forget the Joey which seems ridiculous to have to do considering how much Dish costs.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Well... 4am for you is 1am for someone else... and lots of people work the late shift... so no matter what time they picked it would be bad for someone.

The only problem here is they decided to take away the ability for customers to configure their own time. I don't know why they decided to take that flexibility away.