1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper Memory Corruption

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by fwampler, Sep 26, 2016.

1. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm having to restart my Hopper about every other day. Corrupted memory results in one or two failures. Mostly sound skipping but also sometimes Hopper pause/play problems. Sometimes play jumps to the end of the recording and I have to start over and sometimes it won't go past an intermediate point in the recording. I then have to start the playback over. Other controls seem to work as usual. Either the red button or cord pull always fixes the problem for a couple of days.

Anyone else have this problem? Does the Hopper need to be replaced? Thanks for your help.

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    call DISH tech support.

3. SevenSixTwo

SevenSixTwo Member

Feb 7, 2016
    I've had it happen but just a few times over months.

4. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    Called Dish at someone's suggested. They were totally useless just as I expected. I have to call while it is happening. Good luck with that. It's intermittent and there is nothing I can check while it is happening anyway. The recordings are not corrupted because when I go back without restarting (or with) the hiccups are at a different location. The playback stoppages are just that. They stop. Calling while it is stopped will be no help in diagnosis. I can still go the DVR menu and tell it to start the same video again and it will. And doesn't hang in the same place. Reminds my of my Ford dealer when he won't fix my car under warranty less it happens when he is with me. Dish obviously know when corrupted memory is staring them in the face. Dish you are so frustrating (and Ford).

5. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Call them back and demand a replacement. Don't elaborate, just tell them you are getting corrupted memory and have to do daily restarts. Any important recordings save to an EHD and don't forget to update the saved settings to your remote.

6. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    Just a follow-up on my Hopper problem. After a few days it went away and never came back. I've concluded the Hopper was OK mechanically and that something on Dishes end was awry. I suspect that was the reason they gave me the run-around on replacing my Hopper. For some reason they just didn't want to admit to a problem with their sound/signal or whatever.