1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper question

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by banjoman25, Aug 26, 2012.

1. banjoman25

banjoman25 New Member

Aug 26, 2012
    I'm trying to figure out how to program my Hopper where it skips commercials during playback. I had it working once on Prime Time recordings but I can't seem to get it going again..

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It is only available for programs marked with the Kangaroo icon and it will display a popup when you start playback asking you whether you want to skip or not.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It's only on PTAT recordings, it is not available for any other type of recordings.

4. Wildblue

Wildblue Mentor

Mar 20, 2008
    Alaska
    New to Hopper and trying to figure it out. If I'm understanding what we're experiencing, it looks like the PTAT recordings not only have to be finished with the show, before they will enable the commercial hopping, but they take several hours after completion before the commerical hopping feature is available. Yes?

5. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    Yes skipping isn't available till the next day. It's automatic and you do nothing except choose yes or no when toy start watching a recorded show and the skip feature pops up.

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It also will not work on news programs or sports, there may be some other local programing where it will not work as well.

7. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    More accurately AutoHop is available at 1AM.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Generally speaking ... there have been nights where the skip information is not available until after 1AM.