1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper remote - assign AUX to A/V receiver

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by dmspen, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    My Hopper and Joeys were installed yesterday. The installers set up all 3 remotes with the correct TVs assigned. On the Hopper I added my DVD player with no problem.
    However, when I try to assign myA/V receiver (Pioneer) to AUX, as soon as I hit 'next' after selecting the brand name, it dumps me out to Remote Manager main screen with AUX unassigned.

There's no code listing in any of the Hopper documentation to perform a manual add.

Anyone figure this out?

2. TimCoh

TimCoh Cool Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Happened to me, When you get to screen to pick receiver or amp, pick amp was the top of list. Then it worked for me.
    Note I choose lookup. worked good for Blu-Ray and AMP.

3. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    You could do a learn instead. If your like most you don't use all the buttons on receiver remote anyway. Learn the ones you need. The learn on hopper is super easy.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Call DIRT, Ray - he will check and escalate up if it need.

5. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Thanks to TimCoh above who suggested I select audio amp rather than audio receiver in the Remote Manager. This is apparently where DISH has stored the database I needed.

Thanks Tim.