1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper Remote Control

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by fwampler, Jan 19, 2013.

1. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    The skip forward 30 sec button on my RC is beginning to feel sticky like the return mechanism is losing its spring. I've used the remote about 2 months now.

Anybody else seeing this? Are there alternatives for obtaining a new/replacement remote or might they do the same in 2 months or so? Is anyone's not behaving this way? Any constructive information would be appreciated.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    check its batteries first, they could be low in capacity by various reasons

3. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I doubt batteries would make buttons not spring back properly. I've had mine for a long time and they still feel fine. Have kids spilled anything in them? Soda?

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    You could also try de linking from system info and then relink to see if that helps.

5. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Not uncommon for remote buttons to get "sticky". Call DISH and explain that some of the buttons are not functioning and they will send you a new one. If you have Service Plan on your account, it will be free, otherwise they may or may not charge you for the shipping.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    there is well know side effect when plastic part of the remote emanate sort of "glue" to PCB with pads; it wouldn't be so hard to open it and remove the residue

7. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I have seen this before with other people's remotes. Mine never have that issue but I've told people to use cornstarch and that does the trick.

8. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for the prompt replies. I'll try simple first. Will let you know the results how this turn out.

9. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    You were absolutely correct. New remote is on the way. Will arrive in two days by Blue UPS. No charge as I do have the service plan (4 month requirement).

I have a MyDish internet account. I strongly recommend everyone getting and using one. I logged into my account. Started chat mode with technician and had the remote ordered and on its way in about 5 minutes. I also use MyDish account for viewing perks, specials, scheduling programs, timer maintenance, etc. Seems like most anything can be accomplished from this account.

Needless to say that I am super pleased with Dish network support and capabilities. Well done.