1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper Remote problems

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by dstout, Feb 6, 2014.

1. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    Sometimes my Hopper remote is slow or unresponsive. It reminds me of my old DirecTV R15.

I have changed the batteries. Still have the issue. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using DBSTalk mobile app

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    Its not the remote its sw issues with the current releases.

3. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Mine gets slower thru the night and then freezes. The response on the dish site " were aware of it".
    I have a year on my contract or I would jump ship. I have to reboot every night.
    Why can't go back to earlier software?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    I suggest you trun off the HDMI-CEC feature its on. Press the Yellow Button then HDMI-CEC.

5. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Did that and turned off the internet. I stopped using auto hop last night and I made it to 9:30 pm before I froze. Usually freezes about 8 pm. It seems like when my wife turned on her Joey the hopper slowed down a bit.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk