1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper - S222/Joey S271 Software Experiences/Bugs

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by 3HaloODST, Sep 14, 2012.

1. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I've got S222 on one Hopper, still on S221 on the other two. Available Joey software is still S271. So far not really noticing any differences. This must have been a stability update. That's fine with me! As long as there are no more S213's I'm alright.

So who has S222, and if you do, notice anything different?

2. treecastle

treecastle AllStar

Dec 5, 2005
    East Tennessee
    S222 appeared on my Hopper yesterday (the 13th) and for the first time in quite a while the Hopper froze up requiring a reboot to get everything back. I sure hope this was just a fluke.

3. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Looks like all of my Hoppers have S222 now. Available Joey software is still S271.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    FW should be exist or not - how the "looks like" play here ? ;)

My got it yesterday. What is CHANGED ?

5. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Not sure... Must be a stability update. Maybe that's why there's no update for the Joeys. Nothing significant, just Hopper stability updates.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    You know when they start using the words "a stability update" it was coverup of real changes what is underlying user interface, actually all real bugs is there, at that level.
    So using the phrase is say nothing, less meaning just then mention new version number. :(

7. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    I noticed "Caller ID History" (delete row) does not work....it use to...? Not sure when it went south though....

8. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Seems fav lists remember channels better now.

9. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Since the update my braodband connection isn't recognized. The connection shows it's OK, but if I try to access any broadband option, I get a message that says I need a boradband connection.

I noticed this last night. More troubleshooting today.

10. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Still forgets channels in favs too

11. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    The default to my favs is back to My Channels......

12. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    Nice to see Dish is listening to it users when it comes to software bugs! <sarcasm >

13. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Problem resolved itself the next morning. DOn't know if it was the nightly reboot or some outside network issue.

14. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    BUG
    Adding a Pioneer A/V Receiver in Remote Manger requires you to select Audio Amp rather than Audio Receiver.

Selecting Audio Receiver dunps you back to the Remote Manager main page.

15. randob

randob Cool Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I think I saw that too, also on 221.

16. randob

randob Cool Member

Jul 15, 2012
    My Seek & Record timer set to HD Preference recorded the SD version of a show when there was also an HD version. Going to specify HD instead in the hope it works.

17. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    It seems like with the latest software I have to turn my sound up from 20-22 to 26-28 depending on channel. Has anyone else noticed this?

18. rgranberry

rgranberry Cool Member

Mar 29, 2012
    continuing bug / annoyances

When all three tuners are in use recording and you are watching a prerecorded program, when you are finished with the program you are watching and press Stop then Delete, you cannot delete that program, because the hopper will not switch the picture to one of the tuners that are recording; instead, the picture remains on the stopped program you were watching and therefore won't delete the program because it thinks it's still being used.

Using "My Recordings" with Folder view, when you delete a recording, the count for number of items in the folder sometimes updates correctly, but most times remains at the previous count.

When watching a recorded program, selecting Pause, then Skip Fwd to advance a frame and then Play, causes sound to cut out for about 5 seconds and about the time the sound comes back the picture jumps ahead about 10 seconds.

When Closed Captions are on and you Skip Back (and sometimes with other operations), captions cease working. To get the back on you have to Skip Back again. Seems to almost be a toggle, on/off/on/off...

When looking at the Daily Schedule, if you change any entry (skip or restore) the list jumps backs to the beginning, causing you to have to scroll down to where you were before.

Would be nice if the Timer limit was greater than 96.

The Skip Fwd problem that showed up with S213, where the picture does not keep up with rapid presses of Skip Fwd.

Dish Online can't read the timer list on the Hoper.

19. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    S2.23 is coming: spooling from 129W to ~1600 boxes now.

20. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    To Dish employees first :D .

Here's what's supposedly upcoming in the new update :-

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/293347-S223-is-out?p=2989022#post2989022