DBSTalk Forum banner

Hopper - S308/Joey S292 Software Experiences/Bugs

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  charlesrshell 
#1 ·
And there is a corresponding update to the original Hopper.

So far, here is what I've seen that is new and improved.

1. External HD now shows thumbnails for the recordings on it.

2. Channel recall now can show a recent DVR playback as a choice.

3. PTAT can now be used at anytime. IOW, if you select to record on one of the big 4 at anytime, you can also record on the other 3 at the same time with just one tuner! So I guess we should call it 'Big 4 Broadcast Anytime', huh? :)

#3 ·
New versions:

Code:
PID=08E1h	 04/02/13 23:10:19
 DownloadID:0YND
 Upgrading parts of new FW with filters:
 S308:'AAA1'-'AME1','S040'-'S307'
 S308:'1[A-F1-5]1[A-B0-1]','3[B-C]1[A-B0-1]'&'AAA1'-'AME1','S040'-'S308'
 New FW:'S308'&'S308'
 List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
'1...'&'ND[ABEGJ].': 	{XiP913}  R0000000001-R4000000000

PID=08E2h	 04/02/13 23:10:20
 DownloadID:0XND
 Upgrading parts of new FW with filters:
 S292:'Model_ZA_Slot_0x001_ID_1UZA.tar.gz''S050'-'S050','S060'-'S069','S244'-'S244','S304'-'S308'
 S292:'AX134_signed.tgz''S050'-'S050','S060'-'S069','S244'-'S244','S304'-'S308'
 New FW:'S292'
 List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
'1...'&'NA[CFJ].': 	{XiP813}  R0000000001-R4000000000
'1...'&'ND[ABEGJ].': 	{XiP913}  R0000000001-R4000000000

#8 ·
I am not sure if this was possible or not before S308 came out, but I have got a test in progress on one Hopper with Sling for the Anytime programs. Set one each timer for the four network channels, one OTA channel (non network), and two satellite channels for a total of seven channels to fire off at 07:00am CST. All seven channels are recording as I type. Really awesome. Learning something new all the time. Thanks to all. When I have a chance today I will run a test to see if the HDMI CEC is fixed.

#11 ·
kstevens said:
Sorry, this is not correct. I still can not add one channel to a favorites list.

Ken
Yeah, I had read in another forum that it was fixed. Later I tried it and it didn't work. Sorry I provided misinformation.

Still missing is at least an option to get lists vice thumbnails where lists make more sense.

#12 ·
lparsons21 said:
Yeah, I had read in another forum that it was fixed. Later I tried it and it didn't work. Sorry I provided misinformation.

Still missing is at least an option to get lists vice thumbnails where lists make more sense.
What does that mean that you can't add one channel to the favorite list? I just tried it and it works for me. I can add and delete channels with no problems.

#15 ·
charlesrshell said:
What does that mean that you can't add one channel to the favorite list? I just tried it and it works for me. I can add and delete channels with no problems.
Usually you can't add just a single channel to the custom list and have it take. Or if it takes, it won't hold. Irritating as hell if you aren't expecting it.

If I edit my list, I'll add 3 channels and then delete 2 of them to keep the one I actually wanted. And that seems to work consistently.

#16 ·
lparsons21 said:
Usually you can't add just a single channel to the custom list and have it take. Or if it takes, it won't hold. Irritating as hell if you aren't expecting it.

If I edit my list, I'll add 3 channels and then delete 2 of them to keep the one I actually wanted. And that seems to work consistently.
Good lord, I can see that driving me crazy too. I have made a list up with five channels, mixture of of OTA, satellite locals, and a few satellite channels. Will test it for a couple of days.

#17 ·
charlesrshell said:
Good lord, I can see that driving me crazy too. I have made a list up with five channels, mixture of of OTA, satellite locals, and a few satellite channels. Will test it for a couple of days.
The Favorite list is working ok for me. Tested it last several days. Added a channel Saturday, another Sunday, and then deleted one on Monday. As of this morning the list is still correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.