1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper Setup Issues

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by starbucksfreak, Nov 17, 2012.

1. starbucksfreak

starbucksfreak New Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I am trying to set up a new Dish Hopper myself and have not yet got to the activation screen. I am getting a good signal from the Dish but the on screen set up process is getting stuck on Attention Message 833 "Please wait while your network table is updated." I've searched the forum and the web for information re this particular message but have found nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    that mean NIT is not acquired and/or all three tuners doesn't get NITs from all three (?) sats

3. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    When mine was installed had similar issues. Instsller had to keep resetting the hopper and we also unhooked the ethernet during initialization.

4. starbucksfreak

starbucksfreak New Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Actually after FOUR hours stuck on that screen, the receiver finally moved on to the next step in the wizard set up. Apparently it downloaded the latest software, but why it took 4 hours, I have no idea. I'm now at the final step--activation. Hopefully that will not take as long.

Thanks for the suggestions.

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    It takes a long time to download the software depending on what it came from the factory with. On top of that, give it a good 24-48 hours to settle in before calling and complaining about things (or posting here). It's been our experience that it needs that time to...do things.