1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

hopper w/sling internet connection problems

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by john payne, Jul 5, 2013.

1. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    i have hopper with sling and a few joeys. I have it connected to my wireless router. The internet features have never worked since I have had the system installed (3 months). I've just never got around to trying to fix it. I have went in and reset the network connection and reconnected. It shows it is connected, but when I try on demand or ppv it gives me the error message that basically says Im not connected. Any ideas guys? tia

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Can you hard wire the Hopper to the router to verify that it works directly? Are you seeing the 789 message?

3. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]I know this can be frustrating and I want to check some things with you. With the broadband connected to the Hopper, reset the Hopper for 10 seconds. Unplug the modem and router if you have one for 10 seconds and plug it back in. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Make sure the modem and router DSL light is steady green and the internet light steady green or flashing green. If you’re getting a red light, please contact your ISP. If you need further assistance please PM me with the phone number.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]