1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hopper wont remember channel 11 on fav list??

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by saberfly, Sep 14, 2012.

1. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    My hopper will not remember channel 11 in my fav list on the guide. Anyone else have a problem like this?

2. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth Godfather

Jul 18, 2005
    I did, but after several attempts over a few days, I managed to get it to remember. Be patient, this is still "bleeding edge" technology:)

3. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    This bug has been there since the very beginning. The workaround is to add at least 2 channels in an edit session and it should stick for a little while at least.

4. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I deleted one and that seems to help. Seems like 71 channels is limit? I'm not worried, I know its new and the awesome it is far outweighs the bugs. Totally satisfied.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    As far as I'm aware there isn't a max-channel limit that anyone has reached.

But there have been reported peculiarities with adding/removing channels resulting in channels not "sticking" in the edits made. Not sure anyone has stumbled onto a reliable pattern yet.

6. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    I've had this problem on 1 Hopper and use the add 2 to get the dropped channel to stick. I have 152 channels in my main favs list.

There may be some good news. I haven't lost a channel since the S222 update. Maybe they fixed this.

7. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Yes I have 222 and no issue now.

8. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    I spoke too soon. Yesterday I eliminated 2 local channels I don't watch and reduced the list from 152 to 150. This morning it autodeleted channel 10 so I added the 3 back. Some number or combination of local channels seem to be stable. I use the other 3 user lists for music, movies and channels I record. They don't have any local channels and all are stable.