1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotpass- Richmond postponed - changed date & times

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by smokes20, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Sep 5, 2008 #1 of 10
    smokes20

smokes20 Godfather

Sep 17, 2007
    Nascar has postponed both the Nationwide and Sprint races due to rain issues.

Both races will be run on Sunday, September 7, 08.

Sprint Cup starts at 1pm est with the Nationwide following at 6:30pm est.

It's gonna be a long, long day.

2. Sep 5, 2008 #2 of 10
    RD in Fla

RD in Fla Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Its really too bad they don't run the Cup race at 6:30 pm. The ratings are going to be horrible with the first full Sunday of NFL action beginning at 1 pm. I know I'll be recording the race and enjoying ST at 1 pm on Sunday. 6:30 or 7 would have been great for the Cup race if the 4 pm games are not competitive. Of course I realize those with tickets to the race won't agree with me.

3. Sep 5, 2008 #3 of 10
    smokes20

smokes20 Godfather

Sep 17, 2007
    Have to agree, except for the Skins and Giant fans. Actually when football starts, I have three sets going, two with the Skins on and the radio tuned to Sonny and Sam, and the Big screen on Hotpass, hopefully on Smokes dedicated channel :lol:. Only time I have issues is when both the race and game start at 1p. The 4 or later games aren't as bad. Gotta love Directv Hotpass so I can do this.

Rain is already here, started around 8:30 and steady getting heavy. Forecasters say it will be worse tomorrow between 10am and 4pm. I am in Northern Va, about 2 1/2 hours n/w from the track.

4. Sep 6, 2008 #4 of 10
    HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    You caught a break for tomorrow with our game already played and done.

I stopped listening to Redskins Radio when JFK (flagship at the time) unceremoniously dismissed Frank Herzog for Larry Michael. Herzog may have been hired to be a homer but was critical of the team when it was needed. Michael is a Snyder-whore ...

I'm also in NorVA ... lost my HD for a stretch a little while ago but things appear to be fine now.

cheers

5. Sep 6, 2008 #5 of 10
    smokes20

smokes20 Godfather

Sep 17, 2007
    During the heavy rains I lost both HD and SD, then lost HD only. Then we had the power flickers and lost all receivers when they kept rebooting themselves. Finally around 5ish after the heavy rains stopped, receivers rebooted without problems.

Notice I didn't include Larry the whore :( of radio broadcasting. Larry forced Frank out using his status as "VP". I tune him out completely and love it when Sonny "corrects" him. I cannot stand to listen to the network announcers.

My home is under the international flight arrivals and finally the planes are in the air again. Now if I can get the water out of my backyard.

6. Sep 6, 2008 #6 of 10
    KAL

KAL Godfather

Aug 31, 2008
    Thats ashame, as a very casual fan, I was looking forward to experiencing NASCAR through the HotPass again. Football is my first love so I guess im going to miss most of the race (save for some channel changing now and then)

7. Sep 6, 2008 #7 of 10
    Jestr40

Jestr40 Godfather

Jul 22, 2007
    Just DVR the race, there will be very few if any race updates during any NFL game, then watch the race after the football games. (note : pad the recording as long as you can, this is Richmond)

8. Sep 6, 2008 #8 of 10
    KAL

KAL Godfather

Aug 31, 2008

Pad the recording?

9. Sep 6, 2008 #9 of 10
    smokes20

smokes20 Godfather

Sep 17, 2007
    He means to manually schedule the recording time to go over the anticipated end. Race starts at 1p, so set your recording time for 5 or 6 hours.

Nationwide starts at 7p. If the cup race goes over the alloted time, the Nationwide will start later. This can be so confusing and will make tomorrow a long day of tv viewing for everyone.

10. KAL

KAL Godfather

Aug 31, 2008
    ^^^Thanks