1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House on Fox didn't record

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by veryoldschool, Mar 24, 2009.

1. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Tonight's House seemed to have a mix up in the guide data verse the actual show.
    I did watch it live, but it didn't record.

History shows: canceled
    (13/2/House expected cid: 1 1 A80E7 6C found cid: 1 1 A80E7 5F expected PO ID:5250906 found PO ID: 4940441)

Program aired also doesn't match program description.

2. videojanitor

videojanitor DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Do you happen to recall the name of the episode that was in the guide? My HR10 picked it up OTA from KTXL -- it said the episode was "Joy." Not sure if this is related, but the last two Sunday nights, I had to manually record "The Simpsons" as there was no guide info for any FOX programming on KTXL -- it just said "To Be Announced." This was on every DVR I have, which includes the HR10, a couple of HR20s, and a stand-alone Series 3 TiVo.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Um, it was advertised last week in previews, and I recognized it as a repeat... Joy, right? That was a repeat. If you have only new shows, thats why it didn't record. I have a feeling that fox originally had intended on putting up a new episode, but decided to wait a week.. and if they made that decision anytime after the first time it poped into the guide at diretcv, your unit wouldn't have updated the guide data until it was time for it to record...

4. l8er

l8er Icon

Jun 18, 2004
    The promo in last week's House was for a rerun this week.

5. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Are you recording with Both or First Run?

Mike

6. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    That is the same problem that went on with kids shows for well over a year.

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Yup...last night was a rerun...so unless you have things set to "all episodes"....

8. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    The re-run recorded on both my HR2x's that have a House SL, so if there ever was another episode briefly listed in my GUIDE data, it didn't seem to cause an issue. Of course, the listings vary by market, so maybe "Joy" was in my GUIDE data all along.

According to TV.com, there are only two more new House episodes left this season, and they're scheduled to air 3/30 and 4/6. That's "only" 20 episodes total, which seems kind of paltry for a non strike-shortened season 5, no? /steve

9. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Agreed. This is one of the very, very few network shows I watch...and have been a loyal follower since the first episode.

I think the low # of episodes has more to do with Fox's constant reschedules and special programming than the actual series production.

10. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I have it set for first runs, so if it was a repeat, that explains "some" of it, but not how the description didn't match the actual show.
    "A man [Mo Def] awakes in a New York hospital after a bicycle accdent, unable to move......"

11. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    thefutoncritic.com lists 24 episodes for this season, which sounds right to me:

http://futoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=house&view=listings

12. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    If the rest of us got the "Joy" episode (Cuddy plans to adopt), then that's the one FOX affiliates nationally were supposed to air. Looks like your local FOX affiliate simply sent the wrong program info to TMS.

The description you have (Mo Def) is probably for the 3/30 show. If so, interesting that the HR2x would try to record a show who's "first aired date" is in the future. I'd report that as an "issue". /steve

13. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    That does sound better. TV.com probably hasn't been updated past 4/6. Didn't make sense to me FOX would have only ordered 20 episodes of such a popular show. /steve

14. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I watched "Joy" too, and in my first post, I eluded to guide data being off, and doubt this really is "an issue/bug" other than my local Fox "screwed up". :)

15. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    My guide listed "Joy". The Mo Def episode is listed for next week.

16. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I say report if the "Mo Def" episode is showing a "first aired date" of 3/30. It couldn't hurt to let the DirecTV folks know that their scheduler tried to schedule a show who's OAD hasn't happened yet! /steve

17. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I really don't know what my guide listed. "This" came out of the history.

"Locked in" [Mo Def] does show for next week.