1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

House - Series Finale - *possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by fluffybear, May 22, 2012.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    If you have not yet watched the series finale, case reading now.

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Opinions?

The last 15 minutes appear to have been quickly thrown together and added on to what otherwise would have been a season cliffhanger.

Mrs. Fluffybear and I both voiced are displeasure with the ending which felt like it came right out of a campy 1970's TV show.

3. Garyunc

Garyunc Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    Sorry to disagree but we loved the ending. It was typical House.

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    Having watched this series since the very first episode....agree that it was typical House and great ending.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We too were there from the show's pilot through every episode including last ngiht. We were very happy with everything about the "House" finale last night.

Yes, I'm sure there was a lot of debate about which way the end should go. IMHO they picked the right ending, particularly the motorcycle scene including the music "Enjoy Yourself It's Later Than You Think" by Louis Prima. And the scene where Forman finds House's ID with the background music "Keep Me in Your Heart" by Warren Zevon was wry.

And I thought the first hour letting us know about all the folks behind the scenes was outstanding.

6. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Agree.

Those kinds of brilliant music backgrounds to scenes, as well as plot twists and comedy-laced drama and superb cast made this show the success it was.

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Add me to the group who's been there since the Pilot episode (remember the orange guy?) and thinks the finale was right on par for House. Great ending.

8. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Ditto. Except...

... after seeing a moment of Lisa Edelstein in the retrospective, I was surprised Cuddy didn't have a cameo in the finale at all. I could understand her being completely cut out of both hours last night. But appearing in one and not the other? :scratchin

9. Cable Lover

Cable Lover Legend

Jun 19, 2007
    Great finale! Am I the only one who thought for a brief moment, that he could be dead?

10. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    More than a brief moment for me. Up until his text to Wilson, I was convinced he was dead!

11. njblackberry

njblackberry Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    You are not the only one who thought that he could be dead.
    Enjoyed the entire run of the show and the ending.

12. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Archival footage from previous interviews, I think. The parting was acrimonious to say the least. There was no way she was coming back.

Edit: Although seriously, as House is dying, there's no way he WOULDN'T have been thinking of/talking to Cuddy.

13. hdtvfan0001

Jul 28, 2004
    Exactly.

14. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    My thoughts exactly. It was a glaring chink in the armor, IMHO, and showing her at all in the retrospective held out the promise of seeing her in the finale.

15. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Keep in mind one was a Hugh Laurie production, the retrospective, and the other was produced by NBC Universal. NBC Universal is who she screwed over, not Hugh. Hugh is probably still good friends with her and asked her to be in his production but she was obviously not asked by NBC Universal to take part in the last episode of House.

16. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    You were not alone.

17. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    Was a great ending and typical house. Will miss this show also been watching it since the beginning.

18. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    The ending was OK. No super great but OK.

I remember thinking to myself that sure Sounds like Louis Prima.

19. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    I don't watch the show... but shameless plug for a friend I went to highschool with. His name is Drew Holcomb (and the Neighbors). His song "Live Forever" was used in the Fox promo for the finale. Pretty cool.

[youtube]sFG79agEkyw[/youtube]

20. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I've only seen snippets of House over the years. Never felt like watching a full program, let alone the full series. There are many other series that I've passed on, some of which I'm sure I would have enjoyed.