1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by smiddy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I like House, he rocks!

-smiddy

2. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Love House..

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I loves me some House.

If I'm channel surfing and come across an episode I stop and watch it...even if it's half way through it. :(

Mike

4. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Great TV show he is such a pain in the you know what

5. inkahauts1367066121

inkahauts1367066121 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    House seems to approach things the way everyone wants to, without any kind of PC filter, but more of a whatever it takes to get it done attitude.. :)

6. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    He says the things we wish we could say. :) It is one of our favorite shows. Just got done watching season 6 and are will get season 7 when it comes out...so no spoilers. ;)

7. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    The ONE irritating problem I have with this show... And don't get me wrong, I love it...

WHY does everyone call him "House"? Ok, I can understand the staff.. But when Cuddy and House were an item, well... What girlfriend on the planet calls her boyfriend by his LAST NAME????

There.. I feel better..

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It's a pity Carol O'Connor isn't with us anymore. Can you imagine a episode where Archie Bunker is one of House's patients? :)

9. fluffybear1367066121

fluffybear1367066121 New Member

Mar 15, 2011
    It is considered respectful to call someone by the name they wish. I have known quite a few people who for some reason or another do not want to be called by their first name. A lawyer I knew first name was Gaylord but insisted people refer to him by his middle name, Paul. He would ignore anyone who even tried to call him Gaylord. My Grandmother's first name was Arlis but she detested it so much that she went by the name of Betty. In the case of House, there may be a very interesting underlying story as to why no one calls him Gregory or Greg

10. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    He says a lot of things that the rest of us are thinking but are too polite to say. :)

Mike

11. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Oh I certainly understand using MIDDLE names. I've known several people who choose to do that - even related to some. Heck, I've been forced to on occasion (when in a class with 5 "Davids" in it, the teacher had to have SOME way of differentiating us).

Barking out someone's last name is how you get them to respond when they're in a lineup - not when you're supposed to be their best friend. When I worked in health care, if you used someone's last name, you used their title - Dr. House would be this case. Here in the Air Force, you use someone's rank or "Mister" before the last name. I've worked in financial services, insurance, retail, publishing, distribution, telecommunications, data processing and manufacturing and I've NEVER experienced it.

Like I said - it's just a peculiar thorn in my side.. Even then I didn't notice as much until it struck me that WILSON was doing it - then got worse when CUDDY did it even AFTER they'd hooked up.