1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How about a SiriusXM App for HRxx Recievers?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JohnBoy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Since Apps are dominating our future...

How about a SiriusXM app similar to the Pandora app but will include 10 free music channels of our chosing from their line-up and for those who want to include their full complete line-up can opt in for a subscription via Directv or SiriusXM at a discounted rate for being a sub?

I'am a music junkie/audiophile and the more music services the sweeter and thats still with SonicTap still in place.

I know this is a bit of a pipe dream but I would like to see SiriusXM come back to Directv one way or another ,either via replacing SonicTap or via app version.

BTW, anyone know when our contract with SonicTap is up?

2. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    For strictly linear channels like that, putting them on the satellite would make the most sense instead of an app, and DirecTV dumped the XM relationship a while back. Apps on DirecTV receivers means an agreement/partnership, so, don't expect it anytime soon.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Thanks Buzzkillington :grin:

1 person likes this.
  4. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Unfortunately DirecTV's goal isn't to have a "one box" that has all kinds of services on it. It's to have a box that they can make money off of everything on it.

5. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    I like the idea..

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Instead of XM, I would love Spottily support....