1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I capture DVR video to my PC?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Notorious, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notorious

Notorious AllStar

Aug 17, 2005
    I have a DISH 921 DVR. Occasionally I have stuff that I would like to take a clip from and save it on my PC, what is the best way to do that?

What would I need to get the footage from the DVR to my PC?

Would one solution be to get a DVD Recorder and record DVRed programs onto a DVD and then transfer that to the PC...or is there a more direct method?

Thanks.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    This has been asked a few times lately. Getting a DVD recorder is a decent idea. If all you are looking for is clips a good video capture card will do the trick.

JL

3. Notorious

Notorious AllStar

Aug 17, 2005
    A capture card for the PC? But how do I get the footage out of the DVR and into the PC...I cant connect them right..?

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A video capture card. Something where you patch the composite or S-Video out from your 921 (or any device with video outs) and connect it to the inputs of the video card.

JL

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    How does the footage get out to your tv now? Its no different..

Video and audio out of the back of the dvr, into a capture card, or external capture device connected to your pc......the capture cards have video and audio inputs....

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Yes it works well. I do it often enough that I ran cables with wall plates between the A/V equipment and my PC. Also RF coax ...

7. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.