1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

how did i do

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by lamotte, Dec 5, 2008.

1. lamotte

lamotte AllStar

Aug 14, 2008
    moved for the second time this year moving this time as daughter is expecting triplets this spring and will be put on bedrest very soon. wife and i want to be close bye to help. we now will be 5 minutes from her place instead of the 45 minutes we were. when calling to schedule my movers appt this morning i was told it was going to cost me $200.00 for the move. telling the agent i was thinking this was high and told her i was thinking $99.00 would be a better price. she told me she would have to talk to someone about this and i also asked if i could get a new dvr in the move also. placing me on hold for about 4 minutes she came back and told me this would be fine with her.

she then told me they will be at the new place between 8 and 12 tomorrow to get move done. thinking i did all right with this what is your opinion

2. clb4g9

clb4g9 Legend

Sep 23, 2007
    If you're satisfied, that's all that really matters....$99 is the standard price for a DVR (non-HD), but if they're putting a dish up and setting you up with Mover's Connection (usually free but you only get one in a 12-month period) then it sounds like you got a pretty good deal. You can't buy a dish for much less than $60 on your own, plus installing it all yourself, plus the DVR, and you'd certainly be over the $99 you paid.

3. lamotte

lamotte AllStar

Aug 14, 2008
    also one of my primary reasons for doing it this time was i had to have a heart cath done just a week and a half ago. and wound up with one stent in me and not wanting to be crawling under the house in the crawlspace so soon after getting this done