1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How do find the name of the DTV satellite I use

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Flatlander, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Flatlander

Flatlander New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Can anyone tell me and easy to find the name of the DTV satellite I use? The DTV website has no info on this I can find. I use one box in my RV with a portable dish, so it would be easier if I know what bird to look for on SatBeams.

My ZIP code is 95345. I don't have a meter that names the satellite to do so. I have been using the SatBeams website to narrow it down DTV9 or DTV11 by comparing mag. azimuths between SatBeams and DTV Dish Pointer, but that is approximate because they are close, so I am still not sure.

2. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    You can usually just point it at the 101 orbital slot and the other ones will just fall into place.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Look for gct's map thread.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003