1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I find out who are local approved Directv installer (not an HSP)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by convem24, Sep 21, 2008.

1. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    I have a little problem. I used my movers connection already this year and I think I will have to pay for a new install. My bigger issue is I need a SWMline which may not be available in the Portland, OR DMA. I have 3 SWM capable DVRs and don't want to have the additional lines run becaue of difficulty of one room (specifically where the line is). I looked in the yellow pages but many independent installers do not typically advertise. If anyone has an idea how to find out who the independent installers are in the Portland, OR DMA I would appreciate it.

2. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Check "Home Theater" & Antenna Service........+ run a local classified ad.
    Your project is not specific to DTV installers.
    There are probably many local installers but they don't advertise because they are doing something else. HSP work is not for everybody.

Joe

3. thespaceghost

thespaceghost Legend

May 23, 2008
    I believe dtv will charge $100.00 to come out and do an install. Its going to be hard to beat that deal. You might be better to have the HSP come in and hack your house with the initial install, only using a single line. Buy a SWM and then set it up yourself. Or If you're tech savy enough, do the install yourself....and finish off the fine details by using the protection plan.