1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

How do I get locals that are not mapped?

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by voomit, Mar 3, 2004.

1. voomit

voomit New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    While VOOM provides region mapping for my market, there are additional off-air stations in adjacent markets that I would also like to receive.

Does anyone know how to add additional local channels and/or how to enter a zip code so I can change to another market.
    :confused:

2. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I can't answer your question but I have another related question:

Our local CBS has PSIP issues and the channel assignment is constantly changing between the PSIP generated channel of 6-01 and the raw OTA channel assignment of 40-01. How does the VOOM box handle this? Will it still see the channel and tune it in? My 6000 remaps it automatically.

Thanks.

3. pmalve

pmalve Legend

Mar 31, 2003
    Not posssible at the moment. They are working on upgrade to add multiple dma and scanning feature. Motorola testing now. Hope to release mid April.