1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Get SD Local Channels On My HR22

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mattyq, Nov 26, 2009.

1. mattyq

mattyq Cool Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I did this once before and reset it. What I want to do is have it so there are 2 local channels displayed, the SD and HD ones. The reason is that I am getting the 771 problem warning for some reason (perhaps signal loss??? on 101), while I work on this issue I want to go to that area where I can choose on the guide to show all SD and HD channels. I am sure someone remembers on here.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "Unhide" your SD channels in the setup menu.

3. mattyq

mattyq Cool Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Thanks, is that obvious in the setup menu? Is it done when the guide is up?

4. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    IIRC it's under display setting in the setup menu [not the guide options]

5. mattyq

mattyq Cool Member

Jul 6, 2009
    thanks again...I am not at the set right now, but I am sure I will figure it out given the help received here...

ANy ideas why all of a sudden I am getting the 771 signal issue...is signal loss a cause for that?

6. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    771 is the error message for loss of signal. Loose cables, poorly aligned dish, or snow/rain will cause it.

7. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Or maybe a Failing BBC, Bad LNB or a Tuner going Bad.

8. mattyq

mattyq Cool Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Kkeping in mind that I am only missing HD on the 101 sat, which is most likely? All my other receivers are SD, so I cannot swap them to see if it is the receiver.

Again, thanks so much!! :)

9. mattyq

mattyq Cool Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Oh, and I did swap out the BBC as an fyi

10. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Have you looked at your signal strengths for Sat 101???

11. mattyq

mattyq Cool Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Yeah, strength is great across the board (90+). Question, wan you get good signal strength, but still have a bad cable.

A few points about my setup. I probably have about 125' of cable from my dish to my receiver and I have had the HR22 for about 2 weeks. As mentioned, it has worked for the 2 weeks and the SD have always worked (4+ years), now I am getting HDs off the otehr birds (206 ESPN as an example).

I do have at least one coupler in-line as I have a 50' + 75' cable connected.

12. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    There isn't any HD off the 101 SAT.
    110 has the old MPEG-2 [few] HD and all the others are off 99/103 and these are a much narrower beam, so you could have good levels off 101 and have poor levels off 99/103, with a poorly aligned dish. Perhaps the dish wasn't tightened as well as it should have been and it has moved slightly.