1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I "reset" to get back to the new HD Guide?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by philmalik, Jan 18, 2012.

1. philmalik

philmalik Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    Hi. Quick question.

I recieved the new high def guide update a few weeks ago.

Last week, I outputted a video signal to a DVD recorder to put a movie on a DVD. When I hooked it up, the DirecTV display told me that I am outputting to a standard def device and I had to hold down one of the buttons on the remote (I think the "Exit" button), to change the guide to standard def.

Once I finished recording, I had to add in "set up" back the higher def resolutions (720, and the 1080's).

I don't think the guide reset back to High def though.

Is there a procedure I can do to "reset" the guide to ensure it back to high def?

Thanks

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    That EXIT button to change resolutions is a toggle. Press and hold to go to SD, then press and hold again to go back to your HD settings.

The guide will be output at whatever resolution the receiver is sending to the TV. If you have Native On, you also need to be back on an HD channel for the guide to be HD.

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    If you access the Guide from an SD channel, the Guide will be in SD.

Are you seeing the grey b/g of the newer GUI?
    Have you gone through menu items to make sure you have all appropriate resolutions checked?

What DVR? What TV?

4. philmalik

philmalik Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    I have the HR20-700 to a Panny Plasma.

Just as a tip to others, you have to be on the Guide screen to hold the EXIT button to switch from HD to SD and back. It doesn't work if you're watching a normal channel.

5. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    Hi All, I didnt want to start another thread, but I just got the new guide today. Does everyone have it?

Now will this work on all recievers or jsut the HD ones.

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    It will only work on HD receivers as SD receivers are never in HD anyway. It will also only work on the receivers that have received the new HDGUI.