1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i run the NODE test for signal strength for MRV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by texasmoose, Jun 12, 2010.

1. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    too many threads to look thru, sorry. i have mastec guy here & he wants to know what buttons to push to run the benchmark.

2. rgraetz

rgraetz Mentor

Sep 3, 2006
    On the front panel, press both guide & right arrow and if you get it right there is a menu to test your phone modem and the coax network.

3. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    is this only from an HR24 model, or can i do this on a HR20

4. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    If you have trouble getting this to work, try holding the right arrow and quickly press the guide button (the touch buttons on the H24 seem to be a bit more sensitive than on the HR24). This feature is only on the H24 and HR24.

5. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    All good here, ty for the help. My installer(mastec) actually learned a trick to add to his bag. He was happy for your assistance as well. The coax test had all my number in hi-240's & lo 250's, so all is well. MRV is now working, he replaced bogus aspen splitter with a zinwell green label splitter & he also set-up a deca bridge for my vod & media share. He said the PI he had was for 21v, and that i should be ok, but he would get back later with proper voltage PI of 18v next weekend. *UPDATE* he brought back the appropriate power supply for the deca(bridge) just now. What a gr8 tech! A lot better than the previous one.....