1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do the new duo receivers work?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by brant, Mar 10, 2010.

1. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    went to install a recep and cabling for a wall-mount flat panel the other day; one of the bedrooms had a standard def duo receiver; i noticed only one cable connected to the receiver and the bedroom next door was connected to TV2 of this receiver, but again there was no additional cable. How does this work?

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Diplexer in the wall. There would still be 2 cables from the box though.

3. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    [YOUTUBEHD][/YOUTUBEHD]
    this had only one cable at the box coming from the wall; i should've took a picture because i didn't believe it either.

so is the diplexer now built into the receiver?

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    You should have taken a picture....

In most Duo receiver installations, you have one cable coming from the dish, then it is split by a Dishpro separater, into the 2 Satellite inputs.

What is often done with a TV2 installation is to use a diplexer between the seperator and the wall, and there is a corresponding diplexer that splits off the TV2 output from the satellite input.

One cable from wall to receiver - TV2 is not going to work.

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

The most common installation method uses a diplexer on the signal coax line, splitting out the sat line (which feeds into a DPP Separator, making a "tree" of coax jumpers and diplexers) and the TV2 line.

The 222k has a new "triplexer" that is a DPP Separator and a diplexer all in one unit; it looks like a 1x3 coax splitter and reduces the "tree" effect.

6. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008

that's what it was; thanks for the graphic.

i thought they always had two cables; one for incoming sat, another going back to the TV2 location.

your drawing explains what I saw. I just didn't see the diplexers; must have been tucked away around the receiver somewhere inside the cabinet.