1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you change tuners with HR20?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rob00GT, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob00GT

Rob00GT New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Ok, had a new HR20-700 installed this afternoon. I've been playing around with the options and using the Tivo to HR20 survival guide (I miss the Tivo OS soooo much!) and I'm stumped.

How do you change tuners on this blasted thing?

At the moment I've got both tuners recording a show. I'm watching one of them (live TV) and want to switch over to the other show that's being recorded. It won't let me. If I press the PREV button it tries to take me to a third channel that isn't being recorded, thus cancelling one of my current recordings. I've read the owners manual, searched this forum, and read the guides and all I can think of is that I'm just too frustrated to see the obvious. :( I miss the "down arrow" button on my Tivo Series 2.

Please help.

2. wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    You can't change tuners.

If you want to change to what is being recorded you have to change to that channel number.

3. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    or goto 'list' and select other recording

4. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    If you are recording 2 shows at once, don't assume the tuner knows this. Once you type in both channels directly, the prev button should switch back and forth

5. cruise350

cruise350 Legend

Dec 24, 2006
    Remember, the HR20 does not have DLB, dual live buffers. So you can't buffer to channels at the same time like on the HR10 or other Tivos. Because the absence of DLB, you can't manually switch between tuners, the HR20 will do this transparently without you noticing. The above answers will get you what you asked for.

6. jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    And don't forget to do a search on the forum for...

DLB

Happy Reading

7. Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave Legend

Apr 2, 2004
    Well sort of. Actually if you have 2 recordings going on, you can access either channel from the playlist. Punching in the channel number merely joins the selected channel live, as opposed to going thru the playlist to start playback at the beginning.

8. wmschultz

Jul 18, 2006
    But that isn't what the OP asked. But yeah, you could do that.

9. redrocker

redrocker AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    Give us DLB!

10. wmschultz

Jul 18, 2006
    :beatdeadhorse:

11. xerxes

xerxes Legend

Jan 21, 2007
    But the horse should not be dead, I think we need to keep beating a live horse - hope is not lost. DLB will rise again!

12. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    not dead but he's a very sound sleeper :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.